Want to add a comment in Word?
Comments are used to review other Microsoft Word documents without disturbing its content. They are notes, suggestions, or questions that a reader creates for the author of the Word document.
Comments are clear to read but aren’t damaging the content of the document.
In this article, I will show you how to insert comments in Microsoft Word.
without any further ado, below summarises the steps to take.
To insert a comment in Word, first select the text, sentence, or paragraph that you want to comment about. Then go to the Review tab, in the Comments group, click on New Comment. Now type your comment in the comments box that opens on the right side of the content.
Obey the following instructions for a more detailed steps for this task.
Steps to insert a comment in Word
- Select or highlight the text, paragraph, or phrase you want to comment about.
- Then go to the Review tab, in the Comments group, click on the New Comment button.
- The Comment box will appear to the right of the content. Type your comment in this comment box.
- Apply the above steps to insert as many comments as you like in the document.
These are all the steps you need to easily add comments in any Microsoft Word document.
How to Edit comments in Word
If you want to edit a comment in Word, just click inside the comment box and start adding or deleting text to edit.
You can use the reply button below the comment box to make a comment about another comment. Or select the text in the comment and click on the New Comment button in the Comments group of the Review tab. The reply comment feature is available in Word 2013 and later.
After you replied to a comment, or taken action recommended in a comment, you can decide not to delete it, but rather indicate that it is no longer active. To do so, just right-click on the comment box and click Mark Comment Done or Resolve Comment. This will gray out the comment text.
Depending on your version of Word, the reviewer’s full name or initials, and the date and time of the comment are displayed. If it happens your version of Microsoft Word displays the reviewer’s initials, hover the mouse over the comment to display the full name.
This is how you may add comments into your Microsoft Word document.
Articles you may find interesting:
- How to create a Table of Content in Word automatically.
- Two ways to convert a Word document into pdf
- How to add a checkbox in word
- Five ways to insert a bullet point symbol [•] in word (+ shortcuts)
- How to insert the current Date or Time in Word
- Easy way to add page borders in Word
- How do you delete pages in MS Word
- Adding footnotes and Endnotes in Word
- How to insert symbols in Word