Looking to enhance business productivity and conversion by creating high-quality explainer videos? Well, you have landed on the right page.
In today’s guide, you’ll learn about the best software for making explainer videos, which you can use to promote your products and services.
Video has become a great way for businesses to get their content in front of the right people. It’s little wonder why brands like Tech Insider, Tasty, NowThis, Buzzfeed, and others use explainer videos to gain traction.
If stats are anything to go by, then experts say that nearly 93% of businesses believe that video helps to increase user engagement and business productivity, resulting in skyrocketing demand for explainer video-making software.
But before we give you a comprehensive overview of the best explainer video-making software, let’s bring you up to speed on everything you need to know about explainer videos and why you should take them seriously if you are serious about scaling your business.
What are explainer videos, and why are they good for your business?
Explainer videos are graphical presentations of a product, service, or idea. The goal of an explainer video is to appeal to the target audience and convert them into paying customers.
By including engaging graphics and visual elements in your videos, you’ll be able to appeal to your target audience.
Any business serious about boosting its online presence and making people aware of its services should take explainer videos seriously.
Studies have shown that the human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text. This explains why companies focus more on using explainer videos to drive awareness of their products and services. More so, videos help evoke emotions in humans, compelling them to make better-informed decisions.
The cool thing about explainer video-making software is that you can create spectacular videos without breaking the bank. Plus, most of the explainer video-making software available on the market are designed to allow anyone to create compelling and engaging explainer videos, regardless of their technical skills.
Even though there are a lot of different kinds of explainer video software on the market, we’ve put together a list of the best ones you should check out if you want to make amazing explainer videos to market your products and services.
What Makes a Good Explainer Video?
A good explainer video communicates your message to your target audience, giving them a robust understanding of your mission, products, or services. By leveraging explainer videos, your target market will learn your unique proposition and how it can be of value to them.
For an explainer video to be effective and achieve what it was created for, it should:
- Address customers’ unique needs
- Dwell on the benefits to users
- Showcase the main selling point of a product or service
- Explain the uniqueness of your products in plain, simple, and practical ways.
- Adhere to the KISS model (Keep it short and simple)
- Be engaging and entertaining
- Use humor when appropriate.
The icing on the cake is that you don’t need to hire a professional video production team to create an explainer video for your business. By leveraging one of the explainer video-making software we will be showing you shortly, you can create stunning explainer videos by yourself. Let’s jump into the types of explainer videos that will help you achieve that.
List of best explainer video-making software
|Explainer Software||Tool Link|
|Vyond||Check It Out|
|RawShorts||Check It Out|
|iSpring Suite||Check It Out|
|Camtasia||Check It Out|
|InVideo||Check It Out|
|Biteable||Check It Out|
|Adobe Spark||Check It Out|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||Check It Out|
|Toonly||Check It Out|
|PowToon||Check It Out|
|Animaker||Check It Out|
|RenderForest||Check It Out|
|Sparkol VideoScribe||Check It Out|
|Wideo||Check It Out|
Vyond made it to our list of best explainer video-making software because of its remarkable features and ease of use. We love this software because it provides access to valuable resources you can leverage to create stunning explainer videos for your products and services.
Its neat user interface makes it appealing to both amateurs and experienced designers. Whether you have technical skills or not, you should still be able to use the software without any hassles.
Vyond has many unique features and functionalities, including a rich library of modern templates to animate your characters.
With Vyond, you can use many modern icons to customize your videos. And yes, the software has different style options for customizing your videos.
Let us also quickly add that Vyond has an incredible sound library, which allows you to add special sound effects to your videos.
The only issue we have with Vyond is that users can only import fonts when they sign up for higher-tier accounts. Also, the annual discount for this tool isn’t as generous as what you get from other similar software.
Vyond has two unique pricing plans you can explore. Their Personal/Business Premium Plan costs $89 per month or $649 per year.
The second package is the Business Professional plan which costs $159 per month or $999 per year. This plan is perfect if you plan to use Vyond with your team, as it offers team collaboration.
Pros and cons
Vyond has lived up to its promise of helping users create stunning videos. The software features many exciting functionalities that will help users achieve their goals. Nonetheless, the software can be improved to deliver better results. Here are some pros and cons of Vyond you should know:
- Thanks to its neat and intuitive interface, the software is remarkably easy to use.
- Vyond unlocks access to many exceptional tools you can use to create stunning and appealing explainer videos.
- The software has a rich library of sound effects you can use to add some fun to your explainer videos.
- Only customers with high-tier accounts can import fonts.
- Vyond is a tad expensive, especially compared to other options available.
Rawshorts is a leading tool for creating highly engaging explainer videos. Unlike other video explainer software, Rawshorts uses AI to create mind-blowing videos in seconds. And because it is AI-powered, you won’t need to do much.
All you ever need to do is upload your video script and allow the software to work its magic. It’s that easy.
With Rawshorts, you don’t need elaborate video editing skills to create powerful explainer videos for your products and services. And yes, we love the stunning user interface that Rawshorts has.
Besides creating stunning explainer videos, Rawshorts has a text-to-speech functionality that allows users to generate powerful voiceovers for their content.
If you want a video explainer solution that makes your job super easy, you won’t go wrong in trying Rawshorts. Plus, the software is perfect for both newbies and experienced designers.
While Rawshorts’s AI feature makes it stand out from the pack, we love that the software allows users to create videos from scratch. And to spice things up, the software unlocks access to contemporary pre-made templates users can use for their videos.
From providing access to royalty-free stock images to unlocking access to modern and attractive illustrations, Rawshorts has everything you’ll ever need to create highly engaging explainer videos.
Where we have an issue with Rawshorts is the 200-word limit for scripts. Also, the editor is tacky and slow. While its AI feature is its biggest selling point, you might still need to do a bit of editing for your video to come out great.
Rawshorts isn’t as expensive as other video explainer software. Its affordable price point has made the software appealing to many users. In terms of pricing, Rawshorts has two unique pricing plans you can choose from. The Essential plan is the cheapest offered by Rawshorts and costs $49 monthly and $39 annually.
The Business plan costs $89 per month or $59 annually. We love this package because it provides 50 premium monthly exports and other unique features and functionalities.
Pros and cons
As we mentioned earlier, Rawshorts biggest selling point is its robust AI feature. But while the team behind this software keeps working behind the scenes to improve it, it has a few glitches you should know. Read the pros and cons of this software to learn more.
- Rawshorts’s impressive AI technology makes it one of the best explainer software.
- The software has a brilliant selection of stock footage you can use for your content.
- The software is super easy to use. Plus, you don’t need any learning curve to navigate this software.
- Along with its generous download limit, Rawshorts is quite affordable.
- Rawshorts editor is quite slow and tacky. Hopefully, the team can improve this in subsequent updates.
- While the software’s AI technology makes your job easy, you’d still need to make some adjustments.
- While it’s okay to apply their voiceover, we don’t recommend it, except if you are okay with the robotic monotone effect it comes with.
iSpring Suite is a reliable software for creating highly engaging explainer videos. Being a PowerPoint-based authoring software means that it comes loaded with advanced tools you can use to create quizzes, online courses and conversation simulations.
What makes iSpring Suite truly special is its professional video studio. This brilliant feature makes it easy for users to create all types of video content, including explainer videos.
Even though iSpring Suite is geared towards helping users produce eLearning content, by leveraging the iSpring video studio functionality, you’ll be able to produce mind-blowing explainer videos. iSpring video studio provides access to advanced tools for creating screencasts, recording webcam videos and taking ready-made live-action videos. As if that’s not enough, the software also allows you to enhance your videos using infographics, images, PowerPoint slides and even captions.
While the iSuite studio allows for the seamless mixing of videos, it also supports them with voiceover. To make things even better, iStudio Suite has an option for creating presentations. This option is great if you want to explain your products and services to your target audience.
The cool thing about iSuite Video Studio is that it is easy to use. And yes, it doesn’t have any steep learning curve.
iSpring Suite Pricing
iSpring Suite is an advanced software for creating eLearning courses and explainer videos for your products. Because of its extensive features, it’s easy to see why this software is quite expensive. In terms of pricing, iSpring Suite costs $770 per year. Good enough, they have a free 14-day trial option for users who would love to test the software before committing to a paid plan.
Pros and cons of iSpring Suite
While iSpring Suite is a reliable tool for creating extraordinary eLearning courses, it has proven to be reliable for creating outstanding explainer videos. Unfortunately, the software needs some improvement to compete with the best explainer video-making software. Read on for some pros and cons of iSpring Suite.
- iSpring Suite is great for creating eLearning courses and explainer videos
- The software doesn’t have a steep learning curve, so using the software isn’t going to be an issue.
- iSpring Suite has a lot of potentials, including screen recording, webcam recording and recording picture-in-picture videos.
- The software is great for creating smooth scene transitions.
Even though iSpring Suite has everything you need to create remarkable explainer videos, the software is a tad expensive. So if you’re looking for a budget-friendly app, it’s best to consider other options.
Camtasia has a lot of appealing selling points, especially for people looking for powerful software for creating highly engaging explainer videos. To start with, this software is great for screen capturing and webcam recording. Not just that, it also provides access to advanced editing options for polishing videos.
Like iSpring Suite, Camtasia allows users to use either a webcam or ready-made recording for their explainer videos. And to make things even better, you have dozens of advanced tools, including pre-made templates, annotations, effects and more to make your video more engaging.
Camtasia also has an extensive library of music tracks and royalty-free images. Feel free to use these resources to create high-converting explainer videos for your products and services.
Its simple drag-and-drop editor means you don’t need any technical skills before using this software.
Where Camtasia outperforms its competitors is its green screen function, something we are yet to see in any of the explainer video-making software we have reviewed so far. In addition to its green screen function, Camtasia also provides a variety of transitions and animations.
We love that Camtasia offers a free 30 days trial. With this, you can test the software before paying for it.
Camtasia is quite expensive. For starters, this software costs $299.99. The good thing is the software is worth every penny spent purchasing it. And you can even try out the software before committing to a paid plan.
Pros and cons of Camtasia
Camtasia is a heavyweight in the video editing industry. This software comes loaded with many brilliant features. Its drag-and-drop feature makes the software great for anyone, regardless of their technical skills. But despite its amazing credentials, Camtasia still needs to improve in several quarters. See the pros and cons of this software below.
- Camtasia has an incredible library of premade customizable video templates.
- It has a simple drag-and-drop editor, which makes the software easy to use
- Besides allowing users to create engaging explainer videos, this software also allows users to add quizzes and interactivity to their explainer videos.
- It has a green screen function.
- Its vast library of royalty-free music and sound effects gives users plenty of options to explore.
- Even though Camtasia has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, you’ll still need to familiarize yourself with the software’s interface to make the most out of it.
- It isn’t pocket friendly. So if you’re on a budget, consider other cheaper options.
InVideo is a solid software for creating explainer videos, including video testimonials and bite-sized advertisements for business presentations. What many users have come to love about InVideo is the Brand Intro/Outro template it offers. This unique template has everything you need to create stunning explainer videos for your brand, products and services.
With InVideo, you can seamlessly access thousands of cool-looking templates, even if you are on the free plan. While the software has an option for choosing different aspect ratios, including wide, square and vertical aspect ratios, what catches our attention right from the get-go is its neat user interface. The platform is so neatly designed that you’ll be able to navigate the software without any issues.
On top of its many remarkable features and functionalities, InVideo is reasonably priced. Plus, the team behind this software is always rolling out massive deals, so there is every likelihood that you’ll get a good deal on this software.
To start with, InVideo has a free plan, which is great if you want to explore the software to find out if it lives up to its lofty promises. The only caveat with the free plan is that you’ll always have the InVideo watermark on all your videos.
If you don’t want the InVideo watermark in all your videos, you should opt for one of its paid plans. The Business plan offered by InVideo costs $30 per month or $15 per month when you opt for the annual plan.
The Unlimited plan from InVideo costs $60 per month or $30 per month when billed annually. As its name suggests, the unlimited plan from InVideo offers many unique propositions not available in other plans.
Pros and cons
InVideo is among the most easy-to-use explainer video-making software we have used. But even though the software lives up to its hype and lofty promises, it has a few letdowns you should know. Here are some pros and cons of InVideo.
- InVideo is insanely easy to use. So you don’t need to have any technical skills to use the software.
- The software is pocket friendly and a good option for people on a budget.
- InVideo has an extensive library of cool-looking video templates.
- Even if you’re on the free plan, you’ll still be able to access some amazing templates you can use for your projects.
- Exporting your videos from InVideo is quick and hassle-free.
- InVideo isn’t the most intuitive explainer video-making software we have used. To make the entire process smooth, we highly recommend checking out the tutorials for using this software.
- InVideo doesn’t currently have any animated characters you can use. We hope the team can do something about this in future updates.
Biteable deserves a spot on our best explainer video-making software list for its comprehensive features and elaborate functions. Using this software, anyone can easily turn images and videos into extraordinary explainer videos, regardless of their technical know-how. Like many of the explainer video-making software we have highlighted, Biteable has hundreds of ready-to-use templates you can use right away.
What differentiates Biteable from other explainer video-making software is that it offers different style options to cater to different audiences. More so, the software allows users to use text, pictures, music, brand colors and more to personalize their videos.
Biteable’s library of premium tracks outclasses those you get from other software. Additionally, the software provides advanced control options for audio, animations and timing.
With Biteable, you get an advanced analytical tool that lets you track your video performance.
The icing on the cake is that the software is pocket friendly, so you won’t break the bank to afford it.
If you’re in the market for budget-friendly explainer video-making software, you’ll be hard-picked to find any software cheaper than Biteable. As per pricing, this software costs $19 per month. More so, you can drive the price down if you opt for the annual package.
In addition to its affordable price point, Biteable has a free version. The free version is a brilliant option for users to gauge the software’s performance.
Pros and cons of Biteable
Biteable deserves its spot among the best explainer video-making software. The software packs a punch and is easy to use, which is a huge plus for users with no technical know-how. But despite its many brilliant selling points, the software still needs some improvement to solidify its space among the best. Find the pros and cons of this software below.
- Biteable has a wide selection of images, clips, and pre-made templates for customizing your explainer videos.
- The software has an extensive library of premium tracks.
- Of all the explainer video-making software we have reviewed so far, only Biteable is the only one that has an analytical tool, which provides insight into how your videos are performing,
- The software is affordable.
- Even though Biteable has advanced tools for your explainer video projects, it can still be improved to bring out the best in the software.
- The free version of this software has very limited features.
Adobe Spark is one of the most sophisticated explainer video-making tools we have used recently. We love its simple video editor because of the impressive number of themes it provides users.
What’s special about Adobe Spark is that you can test the software before committing to a paid package. This allows you to gauge its performance to see if it lives up to its hype and lofty promises.
For starters, Adobe Spark is very easy to use. This explains why there is an insane demand for this software. While Adobe Spark is great for video editing, it has a robust library of pre-made templates you can deploy for creating explainer videos.
Whether you are an amateur or a professional designer, you’ll be able to navigate the Adobe Spark interface as it is user-friendly.
Adobe Spark Pricing
Although Adobe Spark has many unique features and functionalities, we love that the software is affordable. And even before committing to a paid package, Adobe Spark offers a free plan you can use to test the waters.
In terms of pricing, Adobe Spark has two pricing plans you can choose from. The first plan is the Individual plan which costs $99 per month or $99.99 when billed annually.
The most expensive plan is the Team package which costs $33.99 per month.
Pros and cons
Adobe Spark has so much going on for it. From its impressive themes library to its collection of unique pre-made templates, Adobe Spark has everything you need to create mind-blowing explainer videos for your brand, products or services. That said, Adobe Spark isn’t without a few letdowns. Read on as we look at some pros and cons of Adobe Spark.
- Amateurs and professionals love Adobe Spark because of its ease of use.
- The software is affordable.
- It has a brilliant selection of templates for creating dazzling explainer videos.
- It has a rich library of themes, making video customization a stroll in the park.
- The templates provided by Adobe Spark are quite basic.
- Animating icons on the Adobe Spark interface is impossible.
- Though the software appears easy to use, you might need a few tutorials to make the most of the software.
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro has earned its spot among the best explainer video-making software for the right reasons. Even though Adobe Premiere Pro is great for creating video clips, films and even documentaries, the software also provides you with advanced tools for creating explainer videos.
To use Adobe Premiere Pro to create explainer videos, you only need to upload some previously recorded videos and proceed to edit them as you want.
With Adobe Premiere Pro, you have an amazing array of tool kits that do more than just basic editing. From compositing to titling to layering to sound design to motion graphics and more, there is so much you can do with Adobe Premiere Pro.
What’s more? Adobe Premiere Pro allows users to edit their footage in any modern format, including 8K and virtual reality.
In addition to being great for creating animated motion graphics and supporting a wide range of themes and templates, Adobe Premiere Pro makes collaboration easy as it seamlessly integrates with After Effects, Photoshop and even Illustrator.
Adobe Premiere Pro pricing
Adobe Premiere Pro is a tad expensive compared to the other Adobe software featured on our best explainer video-making software list. Just so you know, this software costs $239.88 annually.
The cool thing, though, is that Adobe Premiere Pro offers a 30-day free trial option, a brilliant option for people who would love to test the software before upgrading to a paid package.
Pros and cons of Adobe Premiere Pro
As we reiterated earlier, Adobe Premiere Pro is a household name for video editing. We love that this software has valuable toolkits for creating stunning explainer videos. Nevertheless, Adobe Premiere Pro can be improved on to deliver even better results. Here are some pros and cons of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Adobe Premiere Pro has a robust suite of tool kits for creating fantastic explainer videos.
- It has many advanced video editing features
- Its sound library is insane
- With Adobe Premiere Pro, you can access an extensive library of royalty-free stock images.
- This software integrates seamlessly with After Effects and Photoshop.
- While Adobe Premiere Pro gets many high points for its unique features and outstanding potential, we don’t like the fact that the software is expensive and beyond the reach of average users who may not be able to afford it.
Are you interested in a simple drag-and-drop explainer video-making software you can use without having any technical experience? Then say hello to Toonly. This explainer software is one of a kind and has everything you’ll ever need to create fantastic explainer videos.
The team behind this software boasts that users can create a brilliant explainer video for their products or services in a matter of minutes, which is a huge win.
What makes Toonly different from other explainer video-making software we have reviewed so far is that Toonly isn’t cloud-based. What this means is that you’ll need to download this software and install it on your laptop.
Depending on what works for you, this could be either an advantage or a disadvantage. That notwithstanding, Toonly isn’t the only video editing software that has adopted this approach. Even leading video editing software like DaVinci and Final Cut Pro must be downloaded and installed locally.
While Toonly is available for a steal, its ease of use has made the software appealing to users, both newbies and professionals.
With Toonly, Pricing isn’t an issue, and that’s because the software has different pricing plans you can choose from. The Standard plan, the cheapest plan offered by Toonly, costs $39 per month. Subscribing to this package unlocks access to unlimited videos, 10 premade scenes, 17 character animations and much more.
The Enterprise plan is the most expensive package offered by Toonly. This plan has many exciting features, including supporting unlimited videos, 140 background audios, 30 character animations, 20 pre-designed scenes etc.
Pros and cons
Toonly has everything you’ll ever need to create explainer videos. Its bread and butter is the fact that it is easy to use, so you won’t need any technical know-how to navigate the software. However, we think that the software could be improved to compete with the best. Here, check out some pros and cons of Toonly.
- Toonly is an affordable explainer app for anyone on a budget but looking for a solid tool that delivers exactly as promised.
- Its neat and intuitive user interface makes it easy to use.
- We are thrilled by its drag-and-drop technology, which makes it easy for users to create fantastic explainer videos quickly.
- Toonly doesn’t currently offer a free trial or a free plan.
- Because it isn’t cloud-based, you’ll have to download and install the software on your computer before using it.
If you have been fortunate enough to use popular video-making software like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker before, then you won’t have any issues using PowToon. We think it’s even easier to use, especially considering that the software offers many advanced tools, including pre-made templates, royalty-free images, music and more.
While its ease of use is its biggest selling point, we are also particularly thrilled by its astonishing user-friendly interface. The software makes it painless to edit different elements and implement new ones. Plus, PowToon has several cool effects that will make your explainer videos stand out.
If you plan on adding music to your explainer videos, you’ll be happy to learn that PowToon has a large selection of premium music clips you can easily access.
While all the best stuff on PowToon is reserved for paying customers, their video footage library is accessible to everyone using the software.
If there is anything that fascinates us about PowToon, it is its attractive price point. Compared to other explainer video-making software, PowToon is reasonably priced. Plus, they have different pricing packages, so you’ll definitely find a plan that suits your budget.
While PowToon has a free plan, which is great for people who want to test the software, you’ll have to subscribe to one of their paid packages if you want an ad-free experience. Also, you get a mouthwatering discount if you sign up for their yearly package.
The Pro plan is the cheapest plan offered by PowToon. This package costs $89 per month. When billed annually, you get to pay only $19 per month.
The Pro+ plan is the most popular plan provided by PowToon. Subscribing for this package will cost $197 per month. On the flip side, you can get this package even cheaper when you sign up for the yearly package, which costs $59 per month.
The Agency plan from PowToon is billed annually and costs $99. This package offers unlimited exports, custom fonts, and 100 GB of storage.
Pros and cons
PowTon made it to our list of best explainer video-making software because of its unique and brilliant features. While PowToon has many exceptional functions, the team behind this software can fine-tune it to compete with the best. Read the pros and cons of this software below.
- PowToon has a user-friendly and clean interface. While you can seamlessly edit each element available on PowToon, the software also allows you to incorporate new ones. And just to add, they have several cool effects you’ll love.
- PowToon has a remarkable music library where you can easily access hundreds of free and premium music clips.
- The software has cool video footage you can use for your explainer videos.
- PowToon has different pricing plans you can choose from. Depending on your budget, we are sure you’ll find a plan you like.
- Even though PowToon has some impressive characters and prompts, we think they should expand the options available in the Pro Plan.
- While it’s commendable that PowToon integrated with Flickr images, it’s not cool that the search bar doesn’t work. For instance, any query you enter in the search field returns zero results. Nevertheless, we like that PowToon allows users to add external images to their videos.
- The audio editing feature provided by Powtoon is quite limited. On top of that, there is no fade-out effect, which is a shame.
Animaker claims it is 10 times better than other video animation-making software. That’s a bold statement, and we needed to find out if the software was worth all the hype and lofty promises. After exploring this software, we can say that it gets the job done, which matters the most.
More so, Animaker is one of the cheapest explainer video software on our list. What we fancy about Animaker are its brilliant pre-made templates and modern user interface.
The free templates available on Animaker are much better than what you get on other explainer video software. Another area we think Animaker stands out is the sheer number of nice animation styles available to users.
On top of its many shining functionalities, Animaker also has several useful tutorials to help users maximize the software to the fullest.
One thing you’ll love about Animaker is its unique pricing model right from the get-go. Besides their free plan, which is brilliant for gauging the performance of the software, Animaker has three other pricing models.
The Personal plan is the most affordable plan provided by Animaker. This package costs $19 monthly. That said, when you opt for the yearly package, you can get it for only $12 per month.
The second plan offered by Animaker is called the startup plan. This plan has several unique features you’ll like. As per pricing, this package costs $35 monthly or $19 per month when you sign up for the annual package.
The Business package is a premium plan offered by Animaker. It has everything you’re looking for in an explainer video-making software. You can subscribe to this plan for $59 per month or $39 annually.
Pros and cons of Animaker
Animaker is a very valuable resource for anyone looking for a high quality video explainer software that lives up to its reputation and hype. That notwithstanding, the app still needs some tweaking and fine-tuning to compete at the best levels. Take a look at some pros and cons of the software.
- Animaker has a free templates library that is way nicer than what you get with other tools.
- There are a lot of valuable tutorials designed to help you navigate the Animaker user interface with ease.
- Animaker is reasonably priced. And since they have several pricing plans, you can choose the one that’s perfect for you.
- They have numerous animation styles you can play around with.
- Many advanced users have complained that the software doesn’t allow them to start their design from scratch. Instead, they had to use one of the templates provided by Animaker.
- Even though Animaker has a voiceover feature that allows you to convert text to audio, we don’t like the robotic vibe it delivers.
- The software doesn’t have an autosave feature, so you’ll need to do that manually as you work.
- Animaker still runs on Adobe Flash, which is becoming obsolete due to security issues. So to use the software without any qualms, you’ll need to unblock certain permissions.
Renderforest has warmed its way into the hearts of many users thanks to its remarkable features. This awesome explainer video-making software leverages AI and machine learning algorithms to help users create exceptional explainer videos.
While Renderforest has an amazing collection of templates you can use for your explainer video projects, what makes it better than over software we have reviewed is that Renderforest has a robust community of users who rate the numerous templates available on the platform. Also, the platform has a section where users’ videos are showcased.
The templates available on the Renderforest ecosystem are solid and contain lots of brilliant animations.
In addition to its remarkably rich library of templates and animation styles, Renderforest offers reasonable pricing for one-off exports. As a plus, paying customers have exclusive access to Renderforest voiceover software, which allows them to record and edit.
Despite packing a punch in terms of features, we sincerely love that Renderforest is quite affordable. More so, they have several pricing plans you can choose from.
While Renderforest offers one-off exports for $9.99 if you’re exporting video quality of 360p, they also charge $19.99 for HD720 and $29.99 for HD 1080P, respectively.
In terms of subscription plans, Renderforest has an Amateur plan that costs $59 per month, a Pro plan that costs $89 per month and a Popular plan that goes for $199 per month.
Pros and cons
Renderforest has won us over because of its special features and affordable pricing models. We highly recommend this software for anyone looking for a reliable explainer video-making software that does exactly as promised. Here, check out some pros and cons of this software.
- The templates available on Renderforest are top-notch. Even the animation styles are also fun to use.
- Renderforest is pocket friendly and highly recommended for users who want superior-quality explainer video-making software that doesn’t cost a fortune.
- They have solid voiceover software for seamlessly converting text to speech.
- While the animations provided by Renderforest have a modern feel, the options available are limited, especially when it comes to characters and icons.
- Although the software provides a brilliant array of scenes you can choose from, building something from scratch is impossible. So you have to make do with the pre-made scenes provided.
Sparkol Videoscribe is one of the best resources for creating explainer videos. What makes Videoscribe insanely popular is its whiteboard animation feature which makes for great explainer videos.
Unlike other explainer or whiteboard video software that needs a bit of technical skills to navigate, Videoscribe is super easy as it doesn’t require users to have any editing skills.
If you want an explainer video with a hand-drawn look, Videoscribe is just the right software to help you achieve that.
In an attempt to give other explainer video-making tools a run for their money, Sparkol Videoscribe offers numerous pricing plans to users. Whether you’re on a budget or not, we are sure you’ll fancy one of their pricing plans.
Sparkol Videoscribe pricing
To start with, Videoscribe has a free plan, a brilliant option for people who want to test the software before opting for a paid plan. Unfortunately, the free plan comes with the Videoscribe watermark, which isn’t ideal if you’re putting out a professional explainer video for your brand, products or services.
As per the paid plan, Videoscribe has a single-user plan that costs €25/month. On an annual basis, this package will cost €13/month per month. There is also an option to pay a one-time fee of €550.
Besides the single-user plan, Videoscribe also rolls out a team license package. If you need Videoscribe for a team of 5 or more users, you’ll pay around €143 per user. For a team of 10+ users, Videoscribe charges €138 per user. And lastly, for a team of 20+ users, Videoscrib charges €133 per user.
To make the team license package more attractive, Videoscribe offers mouthwatering discounts for taking out more than one license. Also, you get awesome discounts if you run a non-profit organization.
Pros and cons
Videoscribe is an insanely popular whiteboard animation software. We love that this software comes with top-notch resources for creating amazing explainer videos. But despite its many perks, the developers of Videoscribe can improve its functionalities to meet changing requirements. Read the pros and cons of this software below.
- You don’t need comprehensive video editing skills to use Videoscribe. Its neat and intuitive user interface means anyone can find their way around the software without hassle.
- When it comes to hand-drawn characters and looks, none of the software we have reviewed so far comes close to Videoscribe. Also, the software makes it possible for users to upload their own SVG or GIF files.
- They have a free plan for users who want to explore the software before subscribing.
- Videoscribe only caters to users who want to create whiteboard explainer videos. So if you need more options, you’ll find Videoscribe pretty limited.
- While Videoscribe has a wide selection of royalty-free music, the music options sound boring.
- One complaint many users have about the software is that it isn’t cloud-based. This means you’ll have to download and install the software on your computer before using it.
Are you looking for a powerful explainer video-making software with all the valuable resources you need to create animated videos and presentations? Then look no more as Wideo has everything and more you need to create stunning explainer videos for your brands, products and services.
Its easy-to-use modern interface makes the software great for users with little or no technical know-how. Thanks to its decent selection of icons and images, you have nearly everything you need to create exceptional explainer videos.
Another cool thing about Wideo is that it is quite affordable. Read on as we bring you up to speed on the different pricing plans offered by Wideo.
Wideo has three different pricing plans available for you. The Basic plan is the most affordable plan offered by the Wideo team. This package costs $59 per month. Users also get the option to subscribe to the yearly package, which is much cheaper and costs only $19 per month.
The Pro plan from Wideo starts at $99 per month. Like the Basic plan, you also get the option to opt for the yearly package of the Pro plan. This annual package costs $39 per month.
We recommend subscribing to the Enterprise plan to get the most out of this software. On a monthly basis, this package costs $199 per month. However, you can get it for a steal when you sign up for the yearly plan, which costs $79 per month.
Pros and cons
Wideo is the ultimate must-have if you’re looking for a tool that makes it incredibly easy to create explainer videos for your products and services. Its unique pricing model makes the app perfect for all users, regardless of their budget. Notwithstanding, there are a few areas that need improvements. Stay with us as we unveil some pros and cons of this software.
- Wideo has an amazing array of icons and images. Feel free to use these resources to create exceptional videos.
- It has an easy-to-use interface. So you don’t need any extensive technical skills to fully maximize this software.
- We love that this software offers several customization options.
- The software is affordable.
- The basic plan doesn’t have anything to look forward to. Despite featuring several templates and background music, it is pretty limited. Also, the team behind this software set a one-minute cap, which doesn’t suffice.
- They don’t offer a free trial or a free plan.
While Moovly will do better if they expand their collections of pre-made templates, their graphics and photo collection are enough to inspire your next project. More so, they also have an extensive animation styles library, complete with everything you need to make your explainer video stand out.
It will also interest you to know that Moovly has a generous export limit, which should suffice for most small businesses.
While the software can be a little complicated to use, the team behind this software provides valuable tutorials to help people easily navigate the software.
When it comes to pricing, Moovly is reasonably priced, so you won’t break the bank to afford it.
In a bid to support all users, Moovly offers three pricing plans users can choose from. The cheapest plan currently available on Moovly is the Pro plan, which costs $49 per month. Customers who subscribe to the annual package get the opportunity to subscribe to this package for only $24.92 per month.
The Business package costs $49.92 per month. We recommend this package for users who want to seamlessly export more videos per month. In addition, this package provides access to custom fonts and colors.
The Enterprise package from Moovly unlocks access to 100 exports per month and supports multiple accounts. To subscribe to this package, you’ll have to contact customer support to get details on pricing.
Pros and cons
Moovly may not be the best explainer video-making software. But when it comes to getting the job done, this software delivers as promised. Though it has a few glitches, this software is worth every penny spent purchasing it. Read on for some pros and cons of Moovy.
- Moovly has an easy-to-navigate interface. Regardless of your technical skills, you should be able to use this app without any complaints.
- The software has a couple of tutorial videos to give users a hands-on experience.
- Moovly has a decent selection of photos and graphics. Feel free to use these resources to customize your videos.
- We love that the software is affordable. Plus, it supports different pricing plans.
- We hope the team can allow users to preview premium resources on a free account. This goes a long way in convincing users to explore the software.
- They need to upgrade their templates library to increase the options currently available to users.
How to select the right explainer video software
If you’re in the market for a reliable explainer video-making software, there is every likelihood you’re looking for something that allows you to create your videos yourself without opting for the services of a professional videographer or editor. If that’s the case, then you want to go for a tool that is easy to use. By easy to use, we mean choosing an explainer video maker with a neat user interface. With such a resource, you only need minimal effort when creating your videos.
Another thing you want to factor in when choosing an explainer video is the content you want to create. So, in essence, you need to consider whether you prefer a talking character with annotations, an animated video featuring fun characters or an interactive video featuring quizzes, hotspots and more.
After you have decided on the type of explainer video you want, also take a minute to make a list of easy-to-use resources and double-check to see if your preferred software has what you want. It’s also important to double-check user reviews to see what other people are saying about the software.
Finally, factor in your budget and see if the software you want is available for that price.
Finding the right explainer video-making software can be challenging, especially with the options available today. That said, we have narrowed down your options by providing you with a list of the best explainer video-making software. We are sure you’ll find one of the software on our list worth trying.
To pick the right explainer video-making software, feel free to read through our review again and pay special attention to the features and functionalities each software offers.
This page may contain a few affiliate links, which means if you buy something through them, we may get a commission (without any extra cost to you).