To copy and paste the Beta symbol, click the button below. However, continue scrolling down the page to find out ways to insert or type this symbol on the keyboard.
Typing Beta Symbol on Keyboard (Summary)
There are several methods you can use to insert or type the Beta symbol.
Each method is summarized below:
Alt Code Method: The Alt Code for the Beta Symbol is 225. To type the Beta sign with the Alt Code, simply press and hold one of the Alt keys on your keyboard while using the numeric keypad to enter the Alt code, then release the Alt key. This method requires your keyboard to have a separate numeric keypad with Num Lock enabled. It also works on Windows only.
Mac Shortcut Method: The Mac Keyboard shortcut for the Beta sign is Ctrl+G, then b. And to type the Symbol for Beta with this shortcut, simultaneously press and release the Ctrl and G keys on your Mac keyboard then press the b key.
Microsoft Word Unicode Shortcut: The shortcut to make the Beta symbol in MS Word is 03B2, Alt + X. To use this shortcut, simply fire up your Microsoft Word and type 03B2, then press Alt plus the X key immediately after typing the code. If it doesn’t work, highlight the code before pressing Alt + X.
Microsoft Office Symbol Library: To insert the Beta symbol in MS Office, (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint), simply go to Insert > Symbols > More Symbols to launch the Symbol library. Then find and double-click on the Beta sign to insert it into your document.
Copy and Paste: Simply click the Copy button above to copy and paste the Beta symbol. If you’re a Windows user, we’ve already covered how to copy and paste this symbol using the character Map. You’ll want to keep reading until the end to learn all of the tricks.
These are the various methods for creating the Beta symbol on any operating system, whether Windows or Mac, or in any application, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or even Google Docs.
Let’s take a closer look at each method.
Beta Symbol Alt Code Shortcut (Windows)
The Beta symbol Alt Code is 225.
On Windows, alt codes are used to type symbols or characters that are not available on the keyboard.
This method is extremely beneficial because it saves a significant amount of time when trying to type special characters.
The following are the steps you can take to type the Beta symbol on Windows using the Alt Code keyboard shortcut:
- Open your document where the Beta symbol is to be typed.
- The cursor should be positioned in the desired location.
- Press and hold on one of your keyboard’s Alt Keys.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use the numeric keypad on the right to type the Beta Alt code (225)
- Release the alt key after typing the code.
As soon as you let go of the Alt key, the Beta symbol will appear.
The following rules must be followed in order for the Beta Alt Code to work.
- Before typing the code, you must hold down the Alt key.
- To type the alt code, you must use the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard.
- The NumLock must be enabled because you are using the 10-key numeric keypad. When you turn off NumLock, the number keys become disabled, and you won’t be able to type any numbers.
- If you’re using a laptop that doesn’t have a numeric keypad, you’ll need to activate the hidden numeric keypad first. On most laptops, you can turn it on by pressing the Fn + NmLk keys at the same time. A hidden numeric keypad isn’t found on every laptop. If it doesn’t appear in yours, you won’t be able to type symbols using the alt code method unless you connect an external keyboard with a numeric keypad or use the on-screen keyboard. Yet still, you can use the other methods discussed in this guide.
- You should also be aware that, depending on the text editor you’re using, not all symbols can be typed with the alt code. Only Microsoft Word recognizes some of the alt codes.
Beta Symbol Shortcut (Mac)
The Beta Symbol shortcut for Mac is Ctrl + G, then b.
The Alt code method is only for Windows and can only be used on that platform.
However, this shortcut will work for you if you’re using a Mac PC.
Follow the directions below to use this Mac keyboard shortcut:
- Open the document where you want to type the symbol.
- Simultaneously press and release Ctrl + G keys.
- Then press the b key once.
You can type the Beta sign anywhere with your Mac keyboard if you follow the above steps correctly.
Shortcut to type Beta Sign (MS Word)
MS Word shortcut to type the Beta symbol is 03B2, Alt + X.
While the Alt code and Mac shortcut mentioned above can be used to type this symbol anywhere, including Microsoft Word, this shortcut can only be used in Word.
To use this shortcut, open your Microsoft Word document, position the insertion pointer where you want to type the Beta symbol, and then follow the simple instructions below:
- Simply type 03B2.
- Then press Alt plus X simultaneously.
- If it doesn’t work, highlight the code before pressing the Alt + X.
When you press Alt + X after typing the Unicode, the symbol appears in place of the Unicode.
Insert Symbol for Beta from Office Symbol Library
If using the keyboard isn’t your thing, there’s also a mouse-based method for getting the Beta symbol in Office apps like Microsoft Word.
To explain the steps, we’ll use screenshots from Microsoft Word. You can, however, use the same method in Excel and PowerPoint.
Without further ado, here are the steps to take:
- Launch MS Word or Excel or PowerPoint.
- Place your cursor at the desired place.
- Navigate to the Insert tab.
- Click the Symbols button in the Symbols group, then select More Symbols from the drop-down menu.
The Symbol window will appear. It contains a gazillion of symbols which include the Beta symbol.
- Find the Beta symbol in the symbol library.
To easily locate this symbol, use the Subset dropdown list to display specific types of symbols. You can find the Beta symbol in the Mathematical Operators group.
However, the fastest way to get this symbol is to type the Unicode 03B2 in the Character code text box. Once you type the Unicode, the Beta symbol will be filtered out and selected.
- To insert it into your document, simply double-click on it. Alternatively, click the Insert button.
- Close the Dialog.
If you follow the above steps carefully, you can insert the Beta symbol in Word or any other symbol or character not available on the keyboard.
Copy and Paste Beta Symbol
This is by far the simplest way to obtain any symbol, including the Beta sign.
You simply need to copy the symbol somewhere, such as a web page and then press Ctrl + V after switching to the document where you need it.
If you want to copy the symbol, it is shown below.
If you have a Windows PC, the steps below will show you how to copy this symbol from the Character Map.
- Search and Launch the Character Map app.
- Near the button, select the Advance View checkbox to expand more Character map options.
- In the Advanced view you will see a search box. Type Beta in there and press Enter.
- The symbol will appear in the search results.
- Simply double click on it and hit on the Copy button after it is selected in the Characters to copy text box.
Obtaining symbols that do not have keys on the keyboard can be difficult.
However, with the assistance of the methods discussed, it should no longer be a difficult task.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this guide.