Do you want to delete a comment in Word?
Maybe you just finished attending to the comment and want it deleted from your Word document. Or you inserted it in the wrong place.
Whatever be the case, deleting a comment in Microsoft Word is a very quick and simple task. You can choose to either delete a single comment or remove all comments from the document.
To delete a comment in Word, simply right-click on the comment and choose Delete Comment from the shortcut menu that appears.
For a step by step guide to perform this task, obey the following instructions:
Option One: Using the Delete Comment Button
One of the three simple ways to get rid of comments in your Word document is to use the Delete Comment button in the Comments group of the Review tab.
To do so,
- First, click inside the comment you want to delete. This will make the comment active.
- After activating the comment, navigate to the Review tab on the ribbon, then in the Comments group, click on the Delete Comment button.
These two simple steps will delete the active comment.
Option Two: Delete all comments in Word
The previous and next methods are best for deleting one or just a handful of comments from your Word document.
If you rather want to remove all the comments from your document, you can use the Delete All Comments in Document command.
To do so, just obey the following instructions:
- On the Ribbon, click on the Review tab.
- In the Comments group, click on the Delete dropdown.
- Then click Delete All Comments in Document on the drop-down menu.
Option three: Right Click and Delete Comment
This method is the simplest.
All you need to do is right-click on the comment you want to delete and select the Delete Comment button.
Obey the below steps:
- Right-click on the comment you want to delete.
- A shortcut menu appears with the Delete Comment option. Click on it.
The comment will be deleted.
This is how you may successfully remove any comment or all comments from your Word document.
Articles you may find interesting:
- How to Insert Comments in Word
- How to create a Table of Content in Word automatically.
- Two ways to convert a Word document into pdf
- How to add a checkbox in word
- Five ways to insert a bullet point symbol [•] in word (+ shortcuts)
- How to insert the current Date or Time in Word
- Easy way to add page borders in Word
- How do you delete pages in MS Word
- Adding footnotes and Endnotes in Word
- How to insert symbols in Word