For some reason, you may want to delete an endnote from Word. It is very simple to perform this task.
Follow the steps below if you want to delete some but not all Endnotes in MS Word:
To delete endnote in Word, simply select and delete the reference number/mark in the main text of the document. As soon as you delete this number, that particular Endnote at the bottom of the document will also disappear.
Related Link: How to delete Footnote in Word
How to Remove all Endnotes form MS Word
I just explained how you may delete some but not all Endnotes from your Word document.
If you are dealing with 10s or even 100s of Endnotes, imagine how tedious it’ll be to delete them one after the other.
What if I tell you there’s a way you can delete all Endnotes from MS Word?
Just obey the instructions below:
- Click anywhere in the body text.
- Press Ctrl+H to display the Find and Replace dialog box
- In the Find what box, type ^e
- Leave the Replace what box empty
- Click on the Replace All button
As soon as you click the Replace All button, All the Endnotes in the document will be deleted.
How to remove an Endnote line in word
You can get rid of the horizontal line that separates the Endnote from the main body text.
To do so, please obey the following instructions:
- Go to the View tab
- In the Views group, click on Draft
- Whilst in the draft view, double-click any endnote number in the main body of your document. The Endnote pane appears.
- In the Endnotes list, select Endnote Separator. You’ll see that the endnote line appears.
- Select and delete the Endnote line
- Go back to the Print Layout view.
To return to the print layout view, under the View tab, in the Views group, click on Print Layout.
You’ll see that everything is back to normal and that the Endnote line is now deleted from your Word document.