By default, MS Word doesn’t include the Emoji library where you can go to insert the emoji into your document.
However, you can leverage the free emoji keyboard add-in to add emojis into your Word document.
To add the emoji keyboard in Word:
- Connect your PC to the Internet.
- Sign in to MS Word.
- Go to Insert>Get Add-ins.
The Office Add-ins windows should appear.
- In the search box, type Emoji Keyboard.
The Emoji keyboard add-in should appear.
- Click on the Add button to add Emoji addin
As soon as you click on the Add button, this plugin will get installed into MS Word.
After installing this Emoji Keyboard for Word, obey the instructions below on how to use it.
To add Emojis into your Work in MS Word:
- First, add the Emoji keyboard add-in as we’ve done already.
- Now go to the Insert Tab.
- In the Emoji group, click on the Emoji Keyboard command.
- The Emoji task pane will appear, click on the Emoji you want to insert it into your Word document.
Emoji shortcut in Word
You can also use the keyboard to type Emojis in Word.
However, this option only allows for a few emojis.
Use the table below to use the Emoji shortcut to type the few available emojis into your Word document.
|Type this||To get this emoji|
|: – ) or : )||🙂|
|: – | or : |||😐|
|: – ( or : (||☹️|
|: – D or : D||😀|
|; – ) or ; )||😉|
If you want to understand the meaning or message behind these emojis, go to emojipidia.
But to copy and paste emojis, I recomend EmojiCopy.