It can be sometimes tricky to move a table to a different location within your Word document.
In this tutorial, I’ll teach you how to move or reposition tables in Word. Though, below is a quick solution:
To move a table in Word, click anywhere in the table or hover the mouse pointer over the table to display the Table Move Handle at the top left corner of the table. Using this handle, click and drag the table to your desired location within the document.
For a more step by step guide, please obey the following instructions/options.
Move tables in Word using move table handle
To move a table in Word:
- Click anywhere inside the Table.
- The Table Move Handle will appear at the top left corner of the table.
- Using the mouse, click and drag the table to move it anywhere you want.
This is how you may reposition a table in Word using the mouse.
Reposition a Table Using Table Properties.
With just some simple settings in the table properties, you can reposition your table in no time. Whether you want to reposition your table to the center, left or right of your Word document, it can all be done in the settings.
Without further ado, below are the steps.
- Right-click inside the table and choose Table Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the Table Properties dialog, click on the Table tab.
- Under the Alignment group, click on the type of alignment you want. If you want your table to be centered, click on the Center option.
- Under the Text wrapping group, click Around if you want your text to flow around the table. Click on None if you want the text to flow on top and bottom of the table.
- After making all these settings, click on the OK button.
This is another way you may reposition your table in Word.
Articles you may find interesting:
- Two ways to make at Word document a pdf
- How to add a checkbox in word
- Five ways to insert a bullet point symbol [•] in word (+ shortcuts)
- Insert the current Date or Time in Word
- How to alphabetize in word 2010/2013/2016/2019
- Adding Emoji for Word (with shortcuts)
- How to change text direction in Word [Rotate Text]
- Table of content in Word: the complete guide
- How to add border in word (for Pages/Images/Text Boxes)