The platform boasts over 100,000 creators who have made well over $1 billion selling courses and coaching. It is one of the most affordable course creation platforms and is very easy to use.
In a nutshell, here are all Teachable plans and how much they cost on both yearly and monthly basis.
You’ll save up to 25% on all plans if you pay annually.
Table of Contents
How Much Does Teachable Cost? (Plans Compared)
Teachable has four pricing plans: the Free plan, the Basic plan, the Pro plan, and the Business plan.
The cost and number of features included in a planned rise from low-tier to top-tier plans. In other words, the bottom plans are cheaper than the ones on the top of the hierarchy, but it’s the top-tier ones that have the most features.
The table below shows a comparison in pricing and the number of key features included in a pricing plan.
Which Teachable Pricing Plan Is Right For You?
It’s hard to tell which pricing is the most suitable plan for everyone since you can not all have precisely similar needs. The best I can do is to help you pick the right pricing plan according to your business needs.
If you’re about to create your first course and have no idea of what you’re diving into then I recommend you sign up for free and play with the platform a bit. It is always a good idea to explore something before investing into it.
If you’re ready to create and run a course selling business but on a small scale with the idea of scaling up as your business grows, then I suggest you subscribe to the Basic plan. I believe the plan has enough features to get you started, plus it is very lenient on your pockets.
Otherwise, if you’re ready to do this for real, then the Pro plan is a no-brainer. It is the ultimate pricing plan Teachable has to offer.
High-volume creators and corporations running large-scale employee training are not left out either. The Business plan is designed to accommodate your needs.
Teachable Pricing Plans: The Complete Guide
Teachable has one of the most affordable and generous plans out there.
Create and sell your courses online without running your pockets dry.
Let’s dive right into the details of each individual plans of Teachable and how much they cost, their features, pros and cons, and who it is meant for.
1. Teachable Free Plan (Is it Really Free?)
Here is your chance to create a course and enroll as many students as you like without paying a single dime.
Sounds too good to be true? Check it out for yourself.
The Free plan is for those who want to see what Teachable can offer. This gives you a chance to judge whether Teachable is a worthy platform to build a thriving business.
Below are the features included in the Free plan, and believe me, there are a lot.
For testing and experimental purposes, Teachable allows you to create a course with the following features:
- Transaction fees: Unfortunately, the Free plan attracts a $1 + 10% fee on each sale you make. Free products do not attract any fees.
- 1 course: You can only create a single course on the Free plan. You’ll be required to upgrade to a paid plan to create more courses. Don’t worry, a single course is more than enough for testing purposes.
- Unlimited coaching: Apart from the usual courses, Teachable allows you to sell coaching sessions to your clientele. Even on the Free plan, you will be able to sell as many coaching sessions as you would like.
- Unlimited Students: Not only can you create a free course, but you can also have as many people as you can manage to enroll in your course.
- Unlimited hosting: You’ll be able to host your course on Teachable servers for as long as you would like without paying a dime. Hosting is entirely and unlimitedly free.
- Email support: Yes, you’re not paying anything, but the Teachable team is still going to take care of your needs and attend to all your queries via email.
Other features on the Free plan include:
- 1 administrator
- Integrated payment processing
- Student management
- Course design templates
- Lecture comments
- Basic quizzes
- CSS snippets
- Student referrals
While you can settle for the Free plan, remember it has its wins and pitfalls. Here are some of the pros and cons of the Teachable Free plan.
- It is free
- You can have unlimited students
- You can get technical support via email
- You can sell coaching unlimitedly
- Unlimited Hosting
- It is not enough
- It attracts transactional fees
The Teachable Free plan was designed for beginners and all those looking to migrate to a new course creation platform.
It does not come with lucrative and shiny features, but it is more than enough for any testing purposes.
You can create a course with an unlimited number of students and run it for as long as you need, and easily upgrade to a paid plan later.
There’s no need for you to spend your hard-earned money on a crappy platform. This Free plan allows you to gauge up Teachable on your own.
I could easily tell you that Teachable is one of the best affordable course creation platform, but unless you test it out yourself, it is all hearsay.
One thing I would like to point out is the fact that the Teachable Free plan is honestly not a sustainable and viable long-term solution. Eventually, you’ll have to upgrade to a paid plan.
2. Teachable Basic Plan: How Much Does it Cost?
Price: $39 per month or $29 per month (when billed annually).
Annual Savings: 25%
The Basic plan, as its name suggests, comes with the basic features essential for running a successful course creation business.
I highly recommend starting from the Basic plan and gradually upgrading to top-tier pricing plans if you’re just starting.
The Basic plan costs about $39 per month normally and $29 per month when billed annually, which I reckon is much fair and cheaper compared to what other course creation platforms are charging for the same plan.
Below are the features that come with the Teachable Basic plan.
The Basic plan is a practical solution for anyone looking to build and sell courses online.
It comes with all features in the Free plan plus the following:
- 5% transaction fees: Every sale you make on Teachable attracts a 5% deduction from the sale as a transaction fee on top of the processing fees that range up to 4.99% per transaction.
- Unlimited courses: The basic plan gives you the freedom to create as many courses as you like. Having multiple courses broadens your revenue stream and increases your overall income.
- Unlimited video: Most people, including myself, are visual learners. People easily get bored looking at text for prolonged periods, especially in this technological generation. Use an unlimited number of videos in your course content to make it more appealing.
- Private community: Join a community of like-minded creators and entrepreneurs and share tips and tricks to stay afloat in this business. This is also a good place to ask questions and get answers from people who have been in your shoes before and probably had the same questions.
- Launch accelerator training: This is an exclusive Teachable program that aims to help you launch a course in less than 30 days. It provides you with all the tools, guidance, and resources you’ll need to start selling.
- A custom domain: A custom domain is a basic need for anyone hoping to run a successful course selling business. It is amateurish to have a website with Teachable’s branding on it. Look professional and brand your business with a custom domain of your choice.
- Drip course content: The best way to avoid lazy students skimming through your curriculum is to gradually feed them the course material, say after one week or after one month.
- Integrated email marketing: When it comes to online business, email is a very effective and powerful tool, and course creation is no exception. Utilize email marketing to increase sales of your products.
- Third-party integrations: Automate the most tedious and repetitive tasks by integrating your Teachable school with external tools and applications. There are a lot of tools out there that can make your course creation business easier and run a little smoother.
The Basic plan has more features, including the following.
- Community integration
- Coupon codes
- 2 admin-level users
- Email support
While the Basic plan is commendable, it still has its flaws and strengths, and here I have highlighted some of them.
- You can add as many video files as you want to your course content
- You can add a custom domain to your Teachable website
- Third-party integrations
- It is cheap
- You can create an unlimited number of courses
- Each sale attracts a 5% cut
- No live chat support
- No bulk imports
The Basic plan is perfect for someone who’s just starting but wants to take this hustle seriously and is ready to make money.
Teachable is the best pick for you, even if you have never created a course and sold it online. The Basic plan comes with a 30-day training program, so there’s nothing to worry about.
If you’re a novice creator but want to migrate to a new platform, this plan also suits you best. The Basic plan has enough features for testing purposes, but it is also more than enough for you to offer serious courses still and make an income.
$39 per month or $29 a month, when billed annually, is more than generous. Grab your Teachable basic plan subscription and start making money in the comfort of your home now.
3. Teachable Pro Plan : How Much Does it Cost?
Price: $119 per month or $99 per month (Billed annually)
Annual Savings: 25%
The Pro plan is designed for professionals.
It is not overpriced like many other similar plans and has everything you could need to run a successful business.
Below are the key features that I believe make the Teachable Pro plan hands down the best subscription money can buy, period.
Let’s look at these features in detail.
- 0% transaction fees: Apart from the usual processing fees you’ll get to keep all the proceedings from your sales. Your hard-earned money goes straight into your pockets.
- 5 admin-level users: Success can sometimes be overwhelming and draining. To avoid burnout and stress, you can add other 4 members to your administration squad to help you run your business.
- Live chat: Talk directly with the Teachable support team in real-time when in need of help.
- Live group coaching: Offer live group coaching sessions to your students and give them the best online learning experience ever.
- Integrated affiliate program: Creating a beautiful and valuable course alone is not enough, you need to sell it. Turn your students into loyal affiliate marketers and give them a commission.
- Course completion certificates: Award students who finish your course and pass the exams with certificates of completion. It is always a good idea to part someone on the back when they achieve something great.
- Graded quizzes: Test your student’s grasp of the information, concepts, or skill they’re learning and show them if they are getting there or need to put in more effort.
- Course compliance: Make sure that your students go through your curriculum in the intended order by making it impossible to skip over the content.
- Advanced reports: Get detailed analysis and metrics on your courses, students, videos, and upsells. See what’s working and what isn’t.
- Unbranded website: Get a professional-looking website with no Teachable branding. Make your sales site your own with your branding.
- Public API: Access the public Teachable API or hire someone to do it for you and tweak it with the code below to give your school a personal touch.
- Upsells: Make more revenue by allowing your students to upgrade there membership levels to access more content.
Let’s examine the strengths and weaknesses of the best pricing plan Teachable has to offer.
Here are the pros and cons of the Teachable Pro plan.
- Still cheaper than most
- No transaction fees
- Live chat support
- Get a clean and an unbranded website
- Have up to 5 people run your business
- No bulk imports
The Pro plan is definitely for you. Yes, you.
If you’re looking to create an impressive course and make money while doing what you love then this pricing plan is the right pick for you.
It is one of the most affordable yet robust and well-rounded options I know.
For only $119 per month or $99 per month when billed annually you will be able to build and sell courses on a world-class platform.
If I could recommend a single plan out of the four pricing plans Teachable has to offer then this is it, ladies and gentlemen. The Pro plan is a good bet for your money.
4. Teachable Business Plan: How Much Does it Cost?
Pricing: $299 per month or $249 per month when billed annually.
The Business plan is the last and ultimate pricing plan from Teachable. It is packaged with everything Teachable has to offer.
It costs $299 a month or $249 per month when billed annually. All features in the low-tier pricing plans are also included in the Business plan.
Let’s check out the features that come with the Business plan.
These are the features you’ll get when you finally subscribe or upgrade to the Business plan.
- 20-admin level users: When you subscribe to the Business plan the general assumption is that you’re a high-volume creator and probably have more work on your hands. This plan allows you to have up to 20 administrators for your school.
- Advanced developer customization: Take your course creation to another level by hiring professional programmers to add more functionality to your site or simply customize the look to fit your brand and taste.
- Custom user roles: Since there are 20 people running your school(s), divide the workload up and give each user a custom job or task.
- Bulk imports: Migrate from other similar platforms to Teachable with ease with the bulk import feature. This allows you to transfer your course content and student base all at once.
The Business plan has its specific pros and cons and I have listed some of them below.
- The bulk import feature is a lifesaver.
- You can have up to 20 people running your courses.
- You can customize your school to be exactly the way you want it.
- This plan is a bit expensive.
The Business plan is for big businesses and high-volume creators.
If you’re training thousands of an organization’s employees or you’re running a very successful course or courses with hundreds if not thousands of students then this plan is definitely for you.
Yes, $299 per month is a bit high but it is nothing compared to what Teachable competitors are charging for pricing plans of the same caliber.
Success doesn’t have to be a burden or cause you any stress. Manage your wins effectively by sharing the workload with the Teachable Business plan.
Grow your business efficiently without compromising the quality of your material or customer service and experience. Remember that helping people learn something new is your main goal as a creator. Money is important but secondary.
NOTE: All Teachable pricing plans attract processing fees to a varying degree.
US credit and debit card sales come with a 2.9% + 30 Cents cut across all plans and international credit and debit card sales.
US PayPal sales attract a 3.49% + 49 Cents cut whereas international PayPal attract a 4.99% + 49 Cents cut across all platforms.
How Much Does Teachable Cost Compare To Its Alternatives?
Teachable is moderately priced and even cheaper compared to the most popular course creation platforms.
Its simplicity and flexibility make it a more challenging opponent for competitors to beat.
You don’t have to take me up on my word. Test it out yourself for Free now and see if you’ll not end up joining the over 100,000 Teachable creator family.
If I were to recommend a single platform that is cheap, easy to use, and has a great technical support team, then I would recommend Teachable without hesitation.
Teachable is an all-around great platform for creating and selling courses online of simplistic design, ease of use, award-winning technical support, and incredibly cheap pricing.
Now you can build courses like a pro without any coding skills using the Teachable drag-and-drop course builder and host them on a professional website without breaking your bank.
Even if you have never done this before, remember there’s a Free plan with enough features to get you started. The Teachable support team will still lend you a helping hand, although you’re paying them nothing.
All the paid plans come stacked with useful and important features that you need to run a smooth course creation business. The Pro plan is definitely a must-have for anyone looking to take course creation seriously.
This page may contain a few affiliate links, which means if you buy something through them, we may get a commission (without any extra cost to you).