Page numbers are one of the contents you can easily add to the footer section in Microsoft Word.
I this article today, you are going to learn about how to add automatic page numbers to the footer that gets numbered sequentially through-out your pages in Word.
Without further ado, below are the options you can use to effortlessly add page numbers to the footer section in Microsoft Word.
NOTE: There are two approaches to this. Both are explained below.
To add page numbers to the footer section in Word:
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Header & Footer group, click on Page Number.
- The Page Number drop-down will appear. Click on the Bottom of Page option.
- A list of sample page numbers will appear. Click any of the predefined page numbers to add it to your document.
Upon clicking on any of the page number styles, Word will automatically add page numbers to the Footer of all the pages in the Document, with the selected style.
Second approach: Obey the instructions below to add page numbers to the footer section in Word using the second method:
- Double click on the bottom area of your document to activate the footer section.
- Activating the footer section will introduce the Header & Footer Design tab.
- On the Design tab, in the Header & Footer category, click on Page Number > Bottom of Page. This will display the list of different page number styles. Select one that catches your interest to insert it into your document.
These are the two easy ways to add or insert page numbers to the footer section of your document.