To center a table in Word:
- Right-click anywhere in the table.
- A shortcut menu appears. Select Table Properties…
- The Table Properties window appears. In the Alignment group, select Center.
- Press the OK button.
The above steps will center any table in Microsoft Word.
How to center text in a table in word
Centering a table in Word is different from centering the text inside a table.
If you center a table, it doesn’t center the text inside the table. Therefore, you need to take some actions to center text in the table too.
Without further ado, below are the steps to center text in a table in Word:
- Select the text inside the cell you wish to center
- If you want to center all the text in the table, select the entire table.
- Now press Ctrl+E on your keyboard (shortcut to center text in Word).
- Click on the Home tab.
- In the Paragraph group, click on the Center button.
This will center the text in the selected cells of the table.