- Click on the Layout tab.
- In the Page Setup category, click on Orientation.
- A drop-down box of two options will show up, select Landscape.
As soon as you select the Landscape option, All the pages in Word will change from Portrait to Landscape.
PORTRAIT AND LANDSCAPE IN SAME WORD DOCUMENT
The steps shown above will change the whole Word document into Landscape.
However, you can change only part of the document to Landscape instead of the whole document. This way, you will have both Portrait and Landscape pages within the same document.
Without further ado, below are the steps to change part of a document to landscape:
- Select the text that you want on the Landscape page or pages.
- Go to the Layout tab and click on the Page Setup launcher
The Page Setup dialog will appear.
- Go to the Margins tab and select Landscape in the Orientation category.
- At the bottom of the dialog, in the Apply to: drop-down list, choose Selected text instead of Whole document.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
As soon as you hit the OK button, the pages that have the selected text will all change to Landscape whilst the other pages remain Portrait.
How to make Landscape in Print settings in Word
You can also change the orientation of a page to Landscape through the print setup page.
To do so, obey the instructions below:
- Open up your Word document.
- Press Ctrl+P for print. Word will switch to the print view.
- Under the settings, change the orientation to Landscape.
- Press Enter to Print or click the Back icon to return to your document, either way, the whole document will change from Portrait to Landscape.
These are the easy ways you can use to make a Word document landscape.
For further clarification, please comment below.