To copy and paste the To the Power Of 2 symbol, click the button below. Or keep reading below if you want to find out ways to insert this symbol in various text editors like MS Word or type it on the keyboard.
Insert/Type To The Power Of 2 Symbol (Summary)
There are several methods you can use to insert or type the To The Power Of 2 symbol.
Each method is summarized below:
Use To the Power Of 2 Symbol Alt Code: The Alt Code for this squared Symbol is 0178. To type this sign with the Alt Code, simply press and hold one of the Alt keys on your keyboard while using the numeric keypad to enter the Alt code (0178), then release the Alt key. Your keyboard must have a separate numeric keypad with the Num Lock enabled. It also works on Windows only.
Get To The Power Of 2 Symbol on Mac: To insert the Power Of 2 symbol on Mac, open press this shortcut: Option + 00B2.
Type To The Power Of 2 Symbol in Word: The shortcut to make the To The Power Of 2 symbol in MS Word is 00B2, Alt + X. To use this shortcut, simply fire up your Microsoft Word document and type 00B2, then press the Alt and X keys simultaneously after typing the code. If it doesn’t work, highlight the code before pressing the Alt and X keys.
Insert To the Power Of 2 Symbol using the Microsoft Office Symbol Library: To insert this symbol in MS Office, (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint), simply go to Insert > Symbols > More Symbols to launch the Symbol library. Then find and double-click on the Power Of 2 sign to insert it into your document.
Copy and Paste To The Power Of 2 Sign: Simply click the Copy button at the top of this page to copy and paste the Power Of 2 symbol. If you’re a Windows user, we’ve already covered how to copy and paste this symbol using the character Map. You’ll want to keep reading until the end to learn all the methods.
These are the various methods for creating the Power Of 2 symbol on any operating system, whether Windows or Mac, or in any application, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or even Google Docs.
Let’s take a closer look at each method.
To The Power Of 2 Symbol Alt Code Shortcut (Windows)
The Power Of 2 Symbol Alt Code is 0178.
On Windows, alt codes are used to type symbols or characters that are not available on the keyboard.
This method is extremely beneficial because it saves a significant amount of time when trying to type special characters like the Power Of 2 sign.
The following are the steps you can take to type this symbol on Windows using the Alt Code keyboard shortcut:
- Open your document where the Power Of 2 symbol is to be typed.
- The cursor should be positioned in the desired location.
- Press and hold on to one of your keyboard’s Alt Keys.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use the numeric keypad on the right to enter The Power Of 2 Alt code (0178)
- Release the alt key after typing the code.
As soon as you let go of the Alt key, the Power Of 2 symbol will appear.
The following rules must be followed for the Power Of 2 Alt Code to work.
- Before typing the code, you must hold down the Alt key.
- To type the alt code, you must use the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard.
- The NumLock must be enabled because you are using the 10-key numeric keypad. When you turn off NumLock, the number keys become disabled, and you won’t be able to type any numbers.
- If you’re using a laptop that doesn’t have a numeric keypad, you’ll need to activate the hidden numeric keypad first. On most laptops, you can turn it on by pressing the Fn + NmLk keys at the same time. A hidden numeric keypad isn’t found on every laptop. If it doesn’t appear in yours, you won’t be able to type symbols using the alt code method unless you connect an external keyboard with a numeric keypad or use the on-screen keyboard. Yet still, you can use the other methods discussed in this guide.
- You should also be aware that, depending on the text editor you’re using, not all symbols can be typed with the alt code. Only Microsoft Word recognizes some of the alt codes.
To The Power Of 2 Symbol on Mac
Mac also has very simple shortcut to obtain any special character including the Power Of 2 symbol.
The Alt code method above is only for Windows and can only be used on that platform.
However, this method will work for you if you’re using a Mac PC.
The shortcut below to type this Mac keyboard shortcut:
- Press Option + 00B2 to type the power of two symbol on Mac.
This is the simple way you may use to get this symbol on Mac.
Shortcut to type To The Power Of 2 Symbol in Word
MS Word shortcut to type the Power Of 2 symbol is 00B2, Alt + X.
The Alt code method mentioned above can be used to type this symbol anywhere on Windows. However, this shortcut can only be used in Word.
To use this shortcut, open your Microsoft Word document, position the insertion pointer where you want to type the To The Power Of 2 symbol, then follow the simple instructions below:
- Type 00B2.
- Then press Alt and X keys simultaneously.
- If it doesn’t work, highlight the code before pressing the Alt and X keys.
When you press Alt + X after typing the Unicode, the symbol appears in place of the Unicode.
Insert Symbol for the Power Of 2 from Office Symbol Library
If using the keyboard isn’t your thing, there’s also a mouse-based method for getting the Power Of 2 symbol in Office like Microsoft Word.
To explain the steps, we’ll use screenshots from Microsoft Word. You can, however, use the same method in Excel and PowerPoint.
Without further ado, here are the steps to take:
- Launch MS Word or Excel or PowerPoint.
- Place your cursor at the desired place.
- Navigate to the Insert tab.
- Click the Symbols button in the Symbols group, then select More Symbols from the drop-down menu.
The Symbol window will appear. It contains a gazillion of symbols which include the Power Of 2 symbol.
- Find the Power Of 2 symbol in the symbol library.
To easily locate this symbol, type the Unicode 00B2 in the Character code text box. Once you type the Unicode, the Power Of 2 symbol will be filtered out and selected.
- To insert it into your document, simply double-click on it. Alternatively, click the Insert button.
- Close the Dialog.
If you follow the above steps carefully, you can insert the To The Power Of 2 symbol in Word or any other symbol or character not available on the keyboard.
Copy and Paste The Power Of 2 Symbol
This is by far the simplest way to obtain any symbol, including the Power Of 2 sign.
You simply need to copy the symbol somewhere, such as a web page and then press Ctrl + V after switching to the document where you need it.
If you want to copy the symbol, it is shown below.
If you have a Windows PC, the steps below will show you how to copy this symbol from the Character Map.
- Search and Launch the Character Map app.
- Near the button, select the Advance View checkbox to expand more Character map options.
- In the Advanced view, you will see a search box. Type Superscript Two in this search bar and press Enter.
- The symbol will appear in the search results.
- Simply double click on it and hit on the Copy button after it is selected in the Characters to copy text box.
Obtaining symbols that do not have keys on the keyboard can be difficult.
However, with the assistance of the techniques we just discussed, it should no longer be a difficult task to type these symbols including the power of two sign.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this guide.
This page may contain a few affiliate links, which means if you buy something through them, we may get a commission (without any extra cost to you).