To copy and paste the Theta symbol, click the button below. However, continue scrolling down the page to find out ways to insert it in various text editors like MS Word or type it on the keyboard.
Inserting/Typing Theta Symbol (Summary)
There are several methods you can use to insert or type the Theta symbol.
Each method is summarized below:
Use Theta Symbol Alt Code: The Alt Code for the Theta Symbol is 233. To type the Theta sign with the Alt Code, simply press and hold one of the Alt keys on your keyboard while using the numeric keypad to enter the Alt code, then release the Alt key. Your keyboard must have a separate numeric keypad with the Num Lock enabled. It also works on Windows only.
Get Theta Symbol on Mac: To insert the Theta symbol on Mac, open the Special Character Window by pressing this shortcut: Command + Control + Space. Then search for Theta in the search bar. You should see the Theta sign in the search results. Double click on it to insert or copy it to your clipboard.
Type Theta Symbol in Word: The shortcut to make the Theta symbol in MS Word is 0398, Alt + X. To use this shortcut, simply fire up your Microsoft Word document and type 0398, then press the Alt and X keys simultaneously after typing the code. If it doesn’t work, highlight the code before pressing the Alt and X keys.
Insert Theta Symbol using the Microsoft Office Symbol Library: To insert the Theta symbol in MS Office, (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint), simply go to Insert > Symbols > More Symbols to launch the Symbol library. Then find and double-click on the Theta sign to insert it into your document.
Insert Theta Sign using Microsoft Word Equation: You can also insert the Theta symbol using the Microsoft Word Equation feature. Simply open your MS Word document and press Alt + = to quickly insert the equation field. Inside the field type \theta then hit the space bar to immediately insert the symbol.
Copy and Paste Theta Sign: Simply click the Copy button above to copy and paste the Theta symbol. If you’re a Windows user, we’ve already covered how to copy and paste this symbol using the character Map. You’ll want to keep reading until the end to learn all the methods.
These are the various methods for creating the Theta symbol on any operating system, whether Windows or Mac, or in any application, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or even Google Docs.
Let’s take a closer look at each method.
Theta Symbol Alt Code Shortcut (Windows)
The Theta Symbol Alt Code is 233.
On Windows, alt codes are used to type symbols or characters that are not available on the keyboard.
This method is extremely beneficial because it saves a significant amount of time when trying to type special characters like the Theta sign.
The following are the steps you can take to type this symbol on Windows using the Alt Code keyboard shortcut:
- Open your document where the Theta symbol is to be typed.
- The cursor should be positioned in the desired location.
- Press and hold on to one of your keyboard’s Alt Keys.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use the numeric keypad on the right to type the Theta Alt code (233)
- Release the alt key after typing the code.
As soon as you let go of the Alt key, the Theta symbol will appear.
The following rules must be followed for the Theta Alt Code to work.
- Before typing the code, you must hold down the Alt key.
- To type the alt code, you must use the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard.
- The NumLock must be enabled because you are using the 10-key numeric keypad. When you turn off NumLock, the number keys become disabled, and you won’t be able to type any numbers.
- If you’re using a laptop that doesn’t have a numeric keypad, you’ll need to activate the hidden numeric keypad first. On most laptops, you can turn it on by pressing the Fn + NmLk keys at the same time. A hidden numeric keypad isn’t found on every laptop. If it doesn’t appear in yours, you won’t be able to type symbols using the alt code method unless you connect an external keyboard with a numeric keypad or use the on-screen keyboard. Yet still, you can use the other methods discussed in this guide.
- You should also be aware that, depending on the text editor you’re using, not all symbols can be typed with the alt code. Only Microsoft Word recognizes some of the alt codes.
Theta Symbol on Mac
Mac also has very simple navigation to obtain any special character including the Theta symbol.
The Alt code method above is only for Windows and can only be used on that platform.
However, this method will work for you if you’re using a Mac PC.
Follow the directions below to use this Mac keyboard shortcut:
- Press Command + Control + Space to launch the Special Character Window.
- Then search for Theta in the search bar. You should see the Theta sign in the search results.
- Double click on it to insert or copy it to your clipboard.
These are the simple steps you may use to get this symbol on Mac.
Shortcut to type Theta Symbol in Word
MS Word shortcut to type the Theta symbol is 0398, Alt + X.
While the Alt code method mentioned above can be used to type this symbol anywhere on Windows, this shortcut can only be used in Word.
To use this shortcut, open your Microsoft Word document, position the insertion pointer where you want to type the Theta symbol, then follow the simple instructions below:
- Type 0398.
- Then press Alt and X keys simultaneously.
- If it doesn’t work, highlight the code before pressing the Alt and X keys.
When you press Alt + X after typing the Unicode, the symbol appears in place of the Unicode.
Insert Symbol for Theta from Office Symbol Library
If using the keyboard isn’t your thing, there’s also a mouse-based method for getting the Theta symbol in Office like Microsoft Word.
To explain the steps, we’ll use screenshots from Microsoft Word. You can, however, use the same method in Excel and PowerPoint.
Without further ado, here are the steps to take:
- Launch MS Word or Excel or PowerPoint.
- Place your cursor at the desired place.
- Navigate to the Insert tab.
- Click the Symbols button in the Symbols group, then select More Symbols from the drop-down menu.
The Symbol window will appear. It contains a gazillion of symbols which include the Theta symbol.
- Find the Theta symbol in the symbol library.
To easily locate this symbol, use the Subset dropdown list to display specific types of symbols. You can find the Theta symbol in the Mathematical Operators group.
However, the fastest way to get this symbol is to type the Unicode 0398 in the Character code text box. Once you type the Unicode, the Theta symbol will be filtered out and selected.
- To insert it into your document, simply double-click on it. Alternatively, click the Insert button.
- Close the Dialog.
If you follow the above steps carefully, you can insert the Theta symbol in Word or any other symbol or character not available on the keyboard.
Insert Theta using Equations in Word
Step 1: Open Your MS Word document.
Step 2: Place the cursor in the document where you want to insert the Theta sign.
Step 3: Go to the Insert tab in the Ribbon, click on the Equation drop-down icon in the Symbols section at the top right corner of the screen, then select Insert New Equation.
Step 4: In the Equation field, type \theta and press the space bar.
The above steps will quickly insert the Theta sign into the Equation field inside the Word document.
Copy and Paste Theta Symbol
This is by far the simplest way to obtain any symbol, including the Theta sign.
You simply need to copy the symbol somewhere, such as a web page and then press Ctrl + V after switching to the document where you need it.
If you want to copy the symbol, it is shown below.
If you have a Windows PC, the steps below will show you how to copy this symbol from the Character Map.
- Search and Launch the Character Map app.
- Near the button, select the Advance View checkbox to expand more Character map options.
- In the Advanced view you will see a search box. Type Theta in there and press Enter.
- The symbol will appear in the search results.
- Simply double click on it and hit on the Copy button after it is selected in the Characters to copy text box.
Obtaining symbols that do not have keys on the keyboard can be difficult.
However, with the assistance of the techniques we just discussed, it should no longer be a difficult task.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this guide.