Google Sheets is one of the best spreadsheet programs to manage inventory and avoid the risk associated with both under and over-stocking. It uses built-in tools and functions to let users build a comprehensive inventory tracker that can be shared with their colleagues for real-time collaboration.
Inventory is a crucial asset for an eCommerce business.
It contributes to the overall success of SMBs. A properly managed inventory allows business owners to make decisions that drive growth.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the top 13 FREE Inventory Template using Google Sheets. All of them are unique in some regards, so make sure to read the article till the end until you find the right fit for your needs.
An inventory tracking app may not fit the budget of every small business or eCommerce store owner.
Google Sheets is one of the best free alternatives to inventory tracking apps.
Why is Inventory Trackers created using Google Sheets a must-try?
Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet program. It is the biggest competitor of the popular Microsoft Excel.
People are using Google Sheets to create various templates, including Calendars, Daily Planners, Meal Planners, and more.
There are numerous benefits of using Google Sheets for inventory tracking. Here are a few of them:
- Real-time Collaboration – Google Sheets can be shared with unlimited users. Additionally, you can allow various levels of controls to each user. They can view, edit, and comment based on their roles. The real-time collaboration makes it the right fit for inventory tracking. The owner can have a look at all the changes through a feature called “Version history” within the Google Sheets.
- Accessibility – The inventory tracker created using Google Sheets is accessible to the users through both desktop and mobile devices. It is a browser-based program that allows users to make changes and collaborate in real-time as long as they have an internet connection. Users can access it from anywhere in the world.
- Free to Use – To use a Google Sheet, all you need is a Google Account. And, as you know, creating a Google Account is totally free. Sometimes, you may wish to incorporate a feature like generating inventory graphs; it is possible to create comprehensive graphs using built-in functions and tools.
- Ease of Use – Google Sheets is a highly developed program with easy to use and intuitive user interface. Anyone, from beginners to experts, can use it without any prior experience. It uses various functions (formulas) to automate various tasks.
- Powerful Reporting – The spreadsheet software allows users to prepare comprehensive reports using the inventory data. You can have a bird’s eye view of the inventory over the last few months, current inventory numbers, total investments, and much more. Make sure to leverage built-in functions and tools to forecast your inventory.
- Unlimited Inventory – Google Sheets offers thousands of rows and columns, which means that you are not limited by the number of products you add. Additionally, you can choose to create separate spreadsheets for inventory, reports, orders, and more within a single Google Sheet.
- Comprehensive Documentation – In case you plan to take your inventory management to the next level with built-in tools and functions, but you don’t know how to use them. Then, don’t worry because you will find a lot of useful guides and videos online, both from Google and third-party websites. There would hardly be a time when you are stuck somewhere and won’t find the solution online.
Apart from the above, there are a range of benefits to using a Google Sheet as a tracker.
So, Google Sheets is worth giving a try for inventory management.
Top 13 FREE Inventory Template using Google Sheets
Creating an Inventory Tracker in Google Sheets is so easy!
It requires you to have prior knowledge using either Google Sheets or any other spreadsheet program because it all boils down to using built-in functions and tools to create a powerful inventory tracker using Google Sheets.
But if you don’t want to fall into this hustle and bustle of creating an inventory tracker from scratch, then here’s the solution for you!
Let us discuss the top 13 inventory tracking templates using Google Sheets.
Note that there are tens of templates available online for free. It would be a daunting task if you choose to explore and choose one of them.
So, we have decided to do this heavy lifting for you.
Here are our top picks for Google Sheets Inventory Tracking Templates:
- Basic Inventory Tracker by SoftwareAccountant
- Basic Inventory Template by Template.net
- Advanced Inventory Management Template by Sheetgo
- Product Inventory Template by Smartsheet
- Household Inventory Template by Template.net
- Food Inventory Tracker Template by Coupler.io
- Book Inventory Template by Smartsheet
- Office Supply Inventory Template by SoftwareAccountant
- Vehicle Inventory Template by Coupler.io
- Chemical Inventory Tracker by Coupler.io
- Wine Bottle Inventory Tracker Template by Smartsheet
- Restaurant Inventory Template by Coupler.io
- Art Inventory Tracker Template by SoftwareAccountant
Let’s discuss the above templates in detail and learn to use them.
1. Basic Inventory Tracker by SoftwareAccountant
This FREE-to-download inventory tracking template is a perfect fit for small eCommerce owners.
You can input your inventory item name, stock, location, cost, etc. Also, don’t forget to add your company name or logo in the first row to make it more personal before sharing it with your colleagues.
It is designed to automatically notify you about the items that need to be reordered. Whenever you update the stock quantity for a product, the template updates the entries in the “Reorder” column. It changes the row color to green so that you can easily identify them. Make sure to add a minimum stock quantity for each product.
Below the header row, you will find a simple dashboard to know the total inventory, current investments, and number of items you need to reorder.
The template uses dropdowns for the “Location” and “Item Discontinued” columns.
2. Basic Inventory Template by Template.net
This is another simple-to-use inventory tracker template using Google Sheets on this list.
It uses several spreadsheets, as below,
- Inventory – This is the main spreadsheet where all you need to do is select the product using a dropdown in the “Item Name” column and update the stock quantity. The remaining fields will be automatically updated, including the item number, category, description, etc. At the top of the table, you can have a quick look at the total inventory cost and items in hand.
- Item Details – All products need to be added to this spreadsheet. You can add a name, number, price, and description for each product. Also, for the category, it uses a dropdown.
- Stock Tracker – In this spreadsheet, you can track the location of each product. You can define the area and shelf which holds the respective products. Also, make sure to add the product quantity within each shelf/bin.
- Setup – Here, you need to enter the product categories. The information in this spreadsheet is used for creating the dropdowns in the “Item Details” spreadsheet.
The template uses confusing names for the spreadsheets, but once you understand them, it is a good choice for small business owners.
Make sure you do not mess up with any formulas within the sheet. In case you do, press “CTRL + Z” to undo the changes.
3. Advanced Inventory Management Template by Sheetgo
This template by Sheetgo boasts an impressive dashboard for inventory management.
Business owners can quickly analyze the total items in stock and sold-out items.
It contains four main spreadsheets along with the Instructions spreadsheet.
- Check-in – Use this spreadsheet to keep track of the inventory entering the company. You can add the date, SKU, item name, and quantity for each product. It uses a helpful dropdown for the Unit of Measure column to let users select the appropriate units.
- Check-out – This spreadsheet is used to keep track of the inventory sold over time. You can select the SKU, and the spreadsheet will automatically update the name of the product. Then, you can select the date and enter the quantities sold on that particular day.
- Current inventory list – It is an automated spreadsheet that is not editable by the users. The spreadsheet is nothing but a report that calculates the available inventory based on the data entered by the users in the Check-in and Check-out spreadsheets.
- Dashboard – As from the name itself, this is a master sheet for the inventory managers. It gives them a quick overview of the total available inventory, items sold per day, stocked-out items, and much more. All the graphs and numbers in this spreadsheet depend upon the data provided by you in the Check-in and Check-out.
This comprehensive template is easy to use and comes with clear instructions.
4. Product Inventory Template by Smartsheet
Smartsheet’s Google Sheets template is a complete solution for the inventory that enters your company.
It is designed by experts and includes spreadsheets for all aspects of inventory management.
The template includes four spreadsheets:
- Product Inventory – In this spreadsheet, you can add new products and keep track of their quantities. In case something goes below the minimum stock quantity level, the spreadsheet highlights the respective product in a light orange color. At the top of the table, you will find the total inventory cost.
- Stock Tracking – This spreadsheet lets users track product locations within the warehouse. You can define the shelf and area for each product. Also, make sure to update the quantity available within each shelf for future reference.
- Stock Inventory Item – This includes a form that can be used to record the stock entering the inventory and the person responsible for it. You can add other details such as location, price, and description.
- Stock Vendor List – It allows you to keep track of your vendors and their contact details. You can add vendor names, product details, and lead times in this spreadsheet.
This template doesn’t use any complex formulas and dropdowns. It is pretty straightforward.
5. Household Inventory Template by Template.net
This template is focused on household goods and item management.
It lets users keep track of household goods such as Sofas, Coffee tables, Kitchen Appliances, Bedroom Furniture, TVs, Speakers, and more.
Additionally, you can track grocery and food items to avoid confusion at stores.
The template is designed to let users save money by knowing what they have and what they need for their home.
For each item, you can add the name, brand, location, purchase date, expiry date, notes, etc.
The spreadsheets are grouped into various categories for both household goods and items. Make sure to use the “+” icon or button on the left side of the screen to expand each group and add items.
Also, the dropdown in the “Condition” column lets users select the product condition as good, fair, new, or excellent.
6. Food Inventory Tracker by Coupler.io
Here’s a simple to use Food Inventory tracker for restaurants.
You can add the item name, category, storage location, quantity, and more.
The template uses dropdowns and checkboxes for most of the columns to make your life easier and boost your inventory management speed. You only need to add the item name, quantity, and cost manually.
For the rest of the fields, use predefined dropdowns and checkboxes.
It is pretty straightforward and can be used from both mobile and desktop devices.
7. Book Inventory Template by Smartsheet
This template by Smartsheet is designed to keep track of the Book Inventory in your library.
You can add a book name, author, location, quantity, publisher, and category to describe a book in your inventory.
Apart from the above, the template lets you track the book shipment details using order date, ID, expected delivery date, and shipping service provider.
It is a simple-to-use template that doesn’t include any dropdowns, checkboxes, or formulas.
All you need to do is download the template and start entering the inventory details.
8. Office Supply Inventory Template by SoftwareAccountant
Another simple yet comprehensive template for office inventory management by experts at SoftwareAccounant.
The template is pretty straightforward. Click on the above link and start entering the inventory items.
It allows you to add name, description, type, location, condition, service years, cost, date of purchase, and validity for each item.
At the top, you will find the total inventory in your office, along with its cost.
Make sure to add your company name or logo to make this template more personal. Also, this free-to-use template can be adjusted to your preferences, so don’t forget to play around with the formatting as well.
9. Vehicle Inventory Template by Coupler.io
This template focuses on managing car and automobile inventory management.
Automobile dealers mainly use it.
It lets you add VIN, Make/Model, Purchase Cost, Body Style, Transmission Type, Color, Year, Fuel Type, Condition, Passenger Capacity, Seat Type, Roof, and much more.
You can use the checkboxes to mark the vehicle if it includes GPS Navigator, Keyless Entry, Backup Camera, and Condition.
Make sure to edit and add more fields if necessary. It is a fully customizable template that can be adjusted to meet your specific requirements.
10. Chemical Inventory Tracker by Coupler.io
There are numerous categories of hazardous chemicals. Office admins and safety engineers are always asked to get the list of hazardous chemicals used in their office.
This template helps you list down all the hazardous chemicals along with their manufacturer details and first aid.
It uses a dropdown to let users select a category for chemicals.
Make sure to add more categories based on your company.
11. Wine Bottle Inventory Tracker by Smartsheet
Organize and keep track of your precious wines by vineyard, brand, price, region, varietal, and more.
You can also track the shipment by entering the purchase details.
It is a simple-to-use template that doesn’t include any dropdowns, checkboxes, or formulas.
You can simply download it and start entering the details.
12. Restaurant Inventory Template by Coupler.io
We understand that managing the food inventory is of utmost importance for restaurants. That is why we have included this template on this list.
It is supposed to help small restaurant owners save money and food by ensuring that no food is wasted.
Additionally, it will ensure that each unique dish prepared by you uses fresh ingredients.
The template includes two spreadsheets. The first one lets you track food inventory, and the second one gives you an idea of the food being consumed and wasted over time.
13. Art Inventory Tracker Template
Are you a passionate art collector?
If you purchase lots of unique things, then this template is designed for you.
It lets you add item details such as name, description, cost, etc., along with the purchase details and expected date of delivery.
The template is pretty straightforward.
Even if you create art and sell it offline or online, this template lets you track the items you create.
Google Sheets is a helpful tool for SMBs.
If you can’t afford a standalone inventory tracking software, then look no further because Google Sheets Inventory Tracker Template is the best alternative.
All of the templates discussed in this article are free to use. They will surely save you time and money.
Let us know in the comment section if we are missing any Inventory Templates worth adding to this list.
Also, make sure to explore our blog section for more tips and tricks for using Google Sheets like a pro.