In this tutorial article, you’ll learn a step by step guide on how to merge and unmerge cells in a table in MS Word.
The steps are outlined in the following sections.
To merge cells of a table in Word:
- Select the cells you wish to merge.
- Right-click on the selected cells.
- Select Merge Cells from the shortcut menu.
This will merge the selected cells into one keeping all the content (if any) in the merged cell.
This is how you may merge cells in a table in Microsoft Word.
To unmerge cells of a table in Word:
- Right-click on the merged page you wish to unmerge.
- From the shortcut menu, select split cells.
- The Split Cells dialog box will appear. Specify the the number of columns and rows you want the cell to split into.
- Click on the OK button to unmerge or split the cells.
This is how you may merge and unmerge cells of a table in Microsoft Word.
Read also: how to merge tables in Word