In this tutorial article, you’ll learn a step by step guide on how to merge and unmerge cells in a table in MS Word.
The steps are outlined in the following sections.
To merge cells of a table in Word:
- Select the cells you wish to merge.
- Right-click on the selected cells.
- Select Merge Cells from the shortcut menu.
This will merge the selected cells into one keeping all the content (if any) in the merged cell.
This is how you may merge cells in a table in Microsoft Word.
To unmerge cells of a table in Word:
- Right-click on the merged page you wish to unmerge.
- From the shortcut menu, select split cells.
- The Split Cells dialog box will appear. Specify the the number of columns and rows you want the cell to split into.
- Click on the OK button to unmerge or split the cells.
This is how you may merge and unmerge cells of a table in Microsoft Word.
Read also: how to merge tables in Word
Articles you may find interesting:
- How to create a Table of Content in Word automatically.
- Two ways to convert a Word document into pdf
- How to add a checkbox in word
- Five ways to insert a bullet point symbol [•] in word (+ shortcuts)
- How to insert the current Date or Time in Word
- Easy way to add page borders in Word
- How do you delete pages in MS Word
- Adding footnotes and Endnotes in Word
- How to insert symbols in Word