A page break is used to mark the point at which one page ends and the next page begins.
Are you looking for a page break shortcut in Word?
Look no further.
This article will show you this shortcut for Word 2013, 2016 and 2019 plus another way to break a page using mouse navigation.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Page break shortcut for Word 2013/2016/2019
- The shortcut for page break command in Word 2013 and later is Ctrl + Enter
To use this shortcut, press and hold the Ctrl key, then press the Enter key once to insert the page break. To insert more than one-page breaks with this shortcut, whilst holding on to the Ctrl key, keep pressing the Enter key as many times as you want the page breaks. Each hit on the Enter key will insert one page-break.
Pressing these hotkeys, Word will move the insertion pointer to the next page of the document.
This shortcut can be used for Word 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Another way to insert page breaks in Word
I love shortcuts for the time it saves.
However, this page break shortcut may not help you if you are having issues with your keyboard.
Or if for some other reasons, you can’t use the shortcut, below is another way you can insert page break in Word using the mouse.
- Click on the Layout tab
- In the Page Setup group, click on the Breaks button.
- A drop-down list of page break options should appear, click on Page.
After obeying the above instructions, your insertion pointer should be placed on the next page indicating a successful insertion of a page break.
- How to remove section Breaks in Word
- Add page numbers in Word
- How to Insert Table of content in Microsoft Word
- Line numbering in Word
- Hyperlinking In Word: A Step By Step Guide
- Delta symbol in Word
- How do you add page numbers in MS Word
- Delete pages in Word
- How can you remove page numbers in word
- How to insert square root symbols (√ ) in Word