If you are looking for a guide on how to print envelopes in Word, look no further.
An envelope in Microsoft Word is simply a document that you can print on a sheet of paper with a specific size. Since envelopes differ in sizes, you have to specify the size you want to print through settings which we’ll cover in this tutorial. You’ll learn all the tricks involved to create an envelope in MS Word.
Without further ado, let’s get to work.
How to Print Envelope in Word
To print an envelope in Word, insert a blank envelope in your printer. Go to the Mailings tab and click on the Envelopes button in the Create group. The Envelopes and Labels dialog box appears. Under the Envelopes tab, type in the recipient’s address in the Delivery address box. Also type the Returning address if any, then click print.
This is just an overview of the steps in the process. For a more detailed guide to print an envelope in Word, below is a more detailed step by step guide that will teach you all the tricks.
- Turn on your printer and load the tray with your blank envelope. In most printers, you’ll see some drawings on the tray that indicates how you should place the envelope. Don’t worry if you can’t find this icon on your printer. You can get this guide in the settings.
- Open your Word document with the recipient address. You can also use a new blank Word document if you don’t have the recipient address in an already existing document.
- Select the address in the document and press Ctrl+C to copy it. Don’t worry if you don’t have the address in the document, just continue with the next step.
- Click on the Mailing tab.
- In the Create group, click the Envelopes icon. At this point, the Envelopes and Labels dialog box will appear with the Envelopes tab selected.
- If the delivery address isn’t filled in automatically, click inside the text box and either type the recipient address or press Ctrl+V to paste any address you previously copied.
- In the Return address text box, type the return address. Word will fill in this box automatically with a previously entered return address.
- Click the Omit check box if you don’t want to include the return address. Your entries should look similar to the following screenshot:
- in the Preview box after the Return address text box, double-click on the preview envelope to specify your envelope size.
- The Envelopes Options dialog box appears with the Envelope Options tab active. In the Envelope size drop-down, specify the size of the envelope you want to print.
- Still on this dialog box, you can format both the Delivery address and Return address with the Font buttons. Also, use the From left and From right buttons to position how the addresses will appear on the envelope.
If your printer has an indication on how to insert an envelop in the tray, place it well and click on the Print button to print your envelope. However, follow the remaining steps if your printer doesn’t have such indication.
- In the Feed box, click on the feed icon.
- The Envelopes dialog box will appear with the Printing Options tab active.
- Under the Feed method options, specify how you want to place your envelope. What you choose here will determine how you should place the envelope in the tray. The symbols under the Feed method are clear enough to guide you insert the envelope. It’ll be a lot easier for you if you have an eye for detail.
- After specifying the Feed method, click on the OK button.
- Now, load your printer’s tray according to the Feed method you choose.
- Now, click on the Print button to print the envelope.
These are the comprehensive steps you need to be able to print any size of envelope in MS Word.