Using the alt code, you can type the TM symbol (™) on any Windows keyboard or PC.
The TM Symbol Alt Code is 0153.
Alt codes are designed for typing characters that have no dedicated key on the keyboard. You can type these characters by pressing and holding the Alt key whilst typing the character’s alt code using the numeric keypad. (0153 is the alt code for the TM symbol)
|TM Symbol||Alt Code|
Obey the instructions below to type the TM symbol on a Windows PC using this alt code:
- Step 1: Place your insertion pointer where you need to type the ™ symbol.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Step 3: Whilst you hold the Alt key, using the numeric keypad, type the TM symbol’s alt code (0153).
- Step 4: Release the Alt key after typing the Alt code.
Note that you must use the numeric keypad to type the alt code. You must also turn on your NumLock key to be able to use the numeric keypad. If you are using a Laptop that does not have the numeric keypad, you can press Fn+NmLk keys simultaneously to turn on the hidden numeric keypad for laptops with smaller keyboards.
This is how you may use the Alt Code method to type the TM symbol anywhere on your Windows PC including Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Sticky Note, PowerPoint or even somewhere on your browsers like Docs or Word Online.
TM Symbol Shortcut for Mac
The TM symbol shortcut on Mac is Option+2. To type this symbol on your Mac PC, press and hold the Option key whilst you hit on the 2 key once on the keyboard.
TM symbol shortcut in word
To type the TM symbol in Word, press Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut on your keyboard. Alternatively, type ™ and Word will use the AutoCorrect feature to insert the TM symbol ™ for you.
|TM Symbol||Shortcut in Word|
Note: This shortcut works only in Microsoft Word for Windows. If you need this symbol in a different document other than Microsoft Word, you should rather use the Alt Code method.
TM symbol in Excel
You also can use the alt code method to type this symbol in Excel.
However, there is another method that also uses the alt code in Excel. It involved the use of the CHAR() function.
Obey the following instructions to use the CHAR function to insert this sign [™] in Excel:
- In the first step, click to activate the cell that will contain the ™ symbol.
- Next step, type =CHAR( and then add the symbol’s alt code. The complete formula should look like this: =CHAR(0153) OR =CHAR(153).
- After typing this formula, press Enter for the results.
Copy and Paste the TM symbol
To copy and paste the TM symbol, select it from somewhere like a web as stated below, then press Ctrl+C to copy the symbol. Switch over to your document where you need it and press Ctrl+V to paste.
You can use the copy and paste button on the top of this page.